Careers at CRBT
At Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust, we've developed a powerful corporate culture, one that's evident in every facet of our organization. It's based on the common goal of providing exceptional, personal service and built on the core values of teamwork, mutual respect, and honesty. There are no greater assets than our employees and it shows in our work environment, community focus, employee programs, and benefits.
At Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust, we've developed a powerful corporate culture, one that's evident in every facet of our organization. It's based on the common goal of providing exceptional, personal service and built on the core values of teamwork, mutual respect, and honesty. There are no greater assets than our employees and it shows in our work environment, community focus, employee programs, and benefits. We offer a place where:
People matter. To drive employee fulfillment and engagement, we provide a challenging and rewarding atmosphere while fostering talent and encouraging personal and professional growth.
New ideas are encouraged and supported. Our employees are encouraged to bring new ideas and diversity of thought. Discussion and healthy debates are fostered to bring creativity and strength to the organization. We have a saying around the bank – “Be careful what you ask for.” If they have an idea or suggestion, we are always open to exploring it and often ask that employee to be involved or lead the efforts to implementation. Regardless of title, location, or individual role, our employees’ voices are heard, appreciated and make a direct impact on our organization and how we serve our clients.
Performance is rewarded. Striving to be exceptional in everything we do, each employee and team plays an essential role in our future. To reward employees, shareholders, and clients, as well as strengthen and serve our communities, our employee goals are linked directly to the company’s strategic plan. At CRBT, we work hard, but we play hard, too!
Leadership is accessible. Our leaders have a genuine interest in getting to know our employees and make a concentrated effort to be accessible and available.
- 2019 Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register
- 2019 Better Business Bureau & Cedar Rapids Gazette Business of Excellence Award
- 2019 Best Bank in Corridor by the Corridor Business Journal
- 2018 Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register
- 2018 Best Bank in Corridor by the Corridor Business Journal
- Worksite Wellness Recognition (100-249 employees) by the Corridor Business Journal
- 100% United Way employee giving for 17th consecutive year
At Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust, we feel there are no greater assets than our employees. We believe that an employee's overall compensation package is enhanced by the benefit plans that we offer. This includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible spending
- 30 day paid-sabbatical to celebrate 10, 18 & 25 Year CRBT anniversary)
- AFLAC disability insurance
- Employee stock option plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Employee assistance program
- Eight paid holidays
- Employee stock purchase plan
Additional benefits include:
- Jeans days to benefit local charities
- “Food for Thought” small group lunches with CRBT President
- Paid birthday off
- Paid day off before wedding
- On-site workout facility
- Bank committees such as the Really Fun Employee Events Committee (RFEEC), wellness committee, community engagement committee, holiday party, and kids’ holiday party
- Volunteer opportunities with the CRBT Movies on the Riverbank summer series, United Way, Junior Achievement, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and many more.
- Paycheck stubs personally delivered by leadership member
- Mentorship program
- Women’s Network
- Emerging Leaders Program
I Love My Job
See what current CRBT employees have to say about working at Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust:
"Coming to work for Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust was one of the best decisions I've ever made. CRBT is a very fun, yet very professional, place to work. The bank and all of the employees are really committed to helping each other succeed!" - Kristin Daywitt, Teller
"With CRBT, you are not just a number. You matter. Both employee and client voices are heard and that makes it a great place to work. Plus, everyone knows each other." - Tiana McGuire, Retail Banking Officer, Retail Supervisor
"CRBT is a great place to work! They genuinely care about our employees and treat us like family. Plus, we have a lot of fun. I believe that CRBT brings the greatness out in each of us because of its strong vision." - Kellie Lindblom, Assistant Vice President, Merchant Processing