Your willingness to receive a tree through CRBT's Double Refer-a-Friend promotion will contribute significantly to the regrowth of our community!
We are eager to see Iowan trees spread across the city! It is also crucial that these trees are protected and planted correctly. We will all be the collective beneficiaries for decades to come if we take the time and effort now.
- Trees are available Saturday, April 10th from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Located at our CRBT Downtown Main Bank on 500 1st Ave NE, Cedar Rapids
- Up to 13 native Iowan tree species to choose from (limited quantities available)
- First-come, first-served basis
- Please wear a mask upon arrival
- 3-gallon tree will fit nicely in a small vehicle
- Each tree will come with tree care instructions, 5 gallon watering bucket, and tree guard
- CRBT employee available for assistance onsite
- Monarch Research tree planting and care tips
- Forrest Keeling Nursery tree planting and care tips
- When you get your trees home, get them in the ground as soon as possible
- Put a two-foot diameter ring of mulch around the tree and make sure it’s watered properly
- Tree guards are intended to protect the base from rodents, rabbits, and your weed wacker
Follow these tips carefully - from an appropriate tree location to the size and shape of the holes you dig. Each step is easy but important to the success of your tree long-term.
What if I’m unavailable?
If you are unavailable on Saturday, you may pick up a tree at the Downtown Main Bank on Monday, April 12 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. Please call the front desk at 319.743.7100 when you arrive and someone will assist you. If neither time works, contact Shelley Sweet at email@example.com or 319.743.7149 and she will further assist you.
Reminder: $100 Refer-a-Friend bonus* will not be paid out until new client has met new account requirements.
Proudly partnering with Monarch Research to help restore
Cedar Rapids' tree canopy.