On December 1, the Small Business Administration released public data about Paycheck Protection Program borrowers—specifically, the borrowers’ names, addresses, exact loan amounts and who their PPP lenders were. This was done by court order following lawsuits brought by media organizations seeking the data. We want you to know that we, as your bank, did not publicly disclose the data and played no role in the court decision. Our commitment to protect your privacy is paramount, and we follow all applicable laws and regulations. Unfortunately, we have heard that some third party businesses are using information from the court-ordered data release to market themselves to PPP customers. These communications may reference our bank’s name and may even imply that we have some kind of relationship. You should be aware that CRBT will communicate directly with you about your PPP loan and the forgiveness process. If you have any doubt, please call us directly at 319.862.2728.
Welcome to the Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust Paycheck Protection Program Forgiveness information page. CRBT is proud to have served our communities as a PPP lender, helping our clients obtain PPP loan funds and with forgiveness of those loans.
Under the PPP rules, your loan may be eligible for forgiveness if you use the funds for forgivable expenses. Borrowers are responsible for independently completing the Forgiveness Application and providing/ maintaining documentation to support the application data. CRBT’s role is to review your application & supporting documentation and submit your application and our recommendation to the SBA within 60 days of the application date. The SBA then has 90 days to make a decision on the forgiveness of your loan. The loan forgiveness amount is not final until approved by the SBA.
What you need to know:
- 2021 PPP Loans – We are now accepting forgiveness applications for PPP loans made in 2021. Applications are accepted only through our portal. Details on the forgiveness process have been e-mailed to our PPP Borrowers. If you didn’t receive an e-mail, contact us at email@example.com
- 2020 PPP Loans – All Borrowers who obtained a 2020 PPP Loan have received an e-mail from the Bank with instructions on how to apply for forgiveness. If you need assistance with your 2020 loan forgiveness application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your forgiveness Process and Application Requirements depend on your PPP loan amount. For specifics, click on the loan amount that applies to you:
- Before you begin the formal submission process, prepare by reviewing the following documents to familiarize yourself with the information and documentation that will be required with your formal submission.
- Review the following to assist you with the questions about the forgiveness rules and the CRBT application process:
- When you are ready to apply, click the “Apply for Forgiveness of my 2021 CRBT PPP Loan”. This will take you to the portal, where you can sign in using the same credentials you created for your original loan application.
- Your loan qualifies for the Application form 3508-S. The portal will not allow you to choose any other application form
- Most of the forgiveness application information is auto populated in the portal application. You will need to have the following information available to enter into your application:
- Number of Employees at the time of forgiveness application
- Covered period end date
- Total amount of payroll costs for the covered period
- Total amount you are requesting to be forgiven
- You are not required to submit any documentation with your application. It’s important to remember that when you sign your application, you are certifying that you are providing true and accurate information about your forgiveness eligibility. Read the application and instructions to ensure that:
- You understand how to calculate your forgiveness eligibility.
- You understand the information you are required to retain in your files.
NOTE: For best results, we recommend accessing with Google Chrome or Firefox.
Contact your accountant, tax advisor, attorney or other trusted advisors with questions on how to complete the application, accounting treatments, etc. Your payroll provider may also be able to provide you with specialized PPP reports. CRBT cannot provide advice on the completion of your application or tax and accounting treatments of your PPP loan.
The Paycheck Protection Program is administered in accordance with the Small Business Administration’s rules and regulations. It is your obligation to understand and comply with the SBA’s rules.
Tools & Resources
SBA Forgiveness Resources & Tools
CRBT Forgiveness Resources & Tools
- CRBT PPP Forgiveness Process Flowchart
- 3508 Forgiveness Doc Reference Guide
- 3508EZ Forgiveness Doc Reference Guide
- Calculation Detail Template